Monday 12 August 2013

Another headband I just crocheted


This simple crochet headband is done within 2 hours, very slow crocheter as I am just starting out and resuming  my crochet hobby which I picked up from my childhood days.
The basic pattern is found in Jan Eaton's book 200 Stitch Patterns for baby blankets.  It is a pattern for edging, named Shell Braid.  My headband is improvised on as I expanded it to have two more rows to make it wider.  

For this little project, I used a variegated 8 ply or DK yarn, using size 4mm hook and a little black hair band to add to the end so as to make this headband a bit more elastic and to fit various head circumference.  

measurements:  2.25" (5.5cm) width x 17" (43.5cm) length (laying the headband flat and not measuring the elastic band)

Fit: Teenage and adult head size 20 to 23.5 inch when stretched using the elastic hair band attached to the headband.



No comments:

Post a Comment